The direct download file is a compressed archive that consists of an installer and all Darkfall data files. The size of the download is approximately 7GB.
You need a file archiver software, to uncompress the file. If you do not already have any file archiver software you can find some reliable programs for free download on the following sites:
- Click this link to go to Filepanet’s Darkfall Download page: http://www.fileplanet.com/212916/210000/fileinfo/Darkfall-Online-Free-Trial-Client-v1.0.43-%28EU%29
- The Fileplanet Darkfall download page will open in your browser. Press the "Download Now" button to begin.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you will choose the download server to use. If you are a Fileplanet subscriber you can use the "Subscribers Only" servers. If not, choose one of the "Free Public Servers", and press the corresponding "Queue File" Button.
- A new popup browser window will open. Press on the "Click here to continue to the public queue!" link, located on the left side of the window.
- The new window will refresh, to show you the time you have to wait until the file is ready to be downloaded. When that time has elapsed the window will refresh once again, and the "Click here to begin download" link, will appear. Click on it.
- A new window will open, asking you what you would like to do with the file. Select "Open" if you have a file archiver program and the download will begin. After it’s finished downloading, the file archiver program will open the file automatically.
Alternatively, you can select to "Save" the file. That way it will be saved in your default download folder. You can run it (double click on the file) from there any time you like. If you don’t have a file archiver program, you can install a free one (see top of instructions), and then run/open the file.
- When the file is opened by the file archiver program (either automatically if you have chosen open, or by you, if you saved it, and runned it at a later point), a new window will open, showing all the contents of the file. Press the button "Extract To" to extract all the game files in a new folder.
- A new window will open, where you can choose the destination path, where the files will be extracted to. The easiest way is to leave it at the default chosen folder, and just press "OK". Make a note of the destination path you have chosen.
- When the files have finished extracting, you can start installing the game. Go to the destination folder where the files have been extracted. (This is either the location which you have chosen, or the default one which the archiver program has by default.) Install Darkfall by double-clicking the file "darkfalleu.exe", for playing in the EU servers. The Setup Wizard will guide you through the process step by step.
- When the game has finished installing, run the game by double clicking the "Darkfall EU" shortcut, which has been created on your desktop.
- Before you can log in for the first time, you will need to create your account name and password. If you haven’t already done so, click on the following link and follow the simple instructions.
- This will launch the game lobby. The game will search and download any updates and patches that may be required. You can watch the download progress, at the top of the window. Once this is completed simply click on the Character tab as shown below.
- In the middle of the Character tab page there is a "New Character" button. Press it.
- A moment later you should notice the "Play" button on the bottom light up. Press it.
- After a loading screen you will find yourself in the character creator screen. Here you can create a new character to your preferences. If you need aditional help on the Character Creation click here: http://www.eu1.darkfallonline.com/help/character_creation.html
- After you have made your character’s race and gender selection and all the model customizations, you’re finally ready to enter the world of Darkfall. Press OK, to create your character and start playing!
Or press download:
* If for any reason this message does not appear, start the process from the beginning, by closing the popup window, and refreshing ( press F5) the main download window (shown in step 3).
Once you have created your account simply login with your account name and password as shown below.